Voting with a Mail In Ballot is GREAT when you have any concern that you might not be at your polling place on Election Day, or you just want to take care of your vote early. All Mail In Ballots must be REQUESTED by no later than 7 days before Election Day (October 31, 2023) and RECEIVED by the County Board of Elections by 8:00 PM on Election Day (November 7).
To Vote with a Mail In Ballot – follow all instructions from the City Commissioners (aka County Election Board) – linked here: https://vote.phila.gov/voting/vote-by-mail/
For most folks, there are 2 ways to vote using a mail in ballot:
- “Vote Early” in person no later than May 9 – by requesting your Mail In Ballot in person at the Board of Elections by the Ballot Application Deadline (October 31 – 7 days before Election Day), completing and returning your ballot right there, in person, on the spot.
- Return your Mail In Ballot by 8:00 PM on Election Day — so it is RECEIVED by 8 pm at any official Philadelphia City ballot drop box or official Philadelphia County Election Board location open until 8:00 PM.
TO MAKE SURE YOUR MAIL IN BALLOT IS COUNTED, FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY, ESPECIALLY THESE:
- SIGN & DATE the outer Declaration envelope (the date you’ve signed it; not your birthday, not Election Day, or any other date).
- No “Naked Ballots” — use the inner secrecy envelope !!!
- When marking your vote, FILL THE FULL OVAL using BLUE or BLACK INK.
- Do not make any EXTRA marks or writing on your ballot or materials. Only write or mark what is required.
- Do not enclose anything in the envelopes.
The 8th Ward Democrats are here to help – if you have any questions, contact us to reach Committee People who can assist you in your Division !